Are you on a constant struggle to find the next weight loss miracle, only to find yourself gaining weight again? There are many reasons why you are having these issues, one being that you are trying to find temporary weight loss, when any type of change should help keep the weight off permanently. It is important to understand that it is a journey and not a race.
Sugar is one of the biggest culprits for weight gain. It is addicting and found in all types of processed foods. The majority of obese individuals don’t understand what is healthy and what is not. That is why I am going to provide you with the best way to stop sugar cravings, eat healthy food, and lose weight at the same time!
Choosing the Right Food to Lose Weight
The first, and perhaps the most crucial step, is reviewing what types of food you eat on a daily basis. If your diet is full of processed food, fast food, and junk food- then your body is full of inflammation. These foods have a large amount of food dyes and colors, chemicals, artificial ingredients, and various other harmful ingredients that can be linked to diseases. With these foods in your regular diet, it is obvious that THIS is why you are having a hard time losing weight. The first step in your weight loss journey is kicking processed foods. This will reduce overall inflammation in your body which will not only promote weight loss but also overall health.
Eating whole, high-fiber foods will allow you to feel more full than when you eat processed foods. If you are satiated you will tend NOT to “reach for more.” When eating grains, they should be sprouted to get the maximal health benefits. Always eat foods that are of high density, like salads and whole sprouted grains with a good amount of fat. Adding in healthy whole foods with a strength training exercise regimen will help you lose fat while gaining muscle. Remember, muscle burns more calories than fat.
Foods that will Boost your Metabolism and help with Weight loss:
- Foods that have a kick (vinegar, wasabi, hot peppers, ginger, mustard, garlic, cinnamon, etc.).
- Green tea aids in weight loss, increases your metabolic rate, helps your mood and mental focus and helps to prevent diseases.
- Caffeine, with caution, like dark chocolate, coffee, and black tea is useful-just don’t overdo!
- Water! This helps aid in digestion and makes you feel fuller longer. Ice water even increases your metabolism
List of Foods that will help boost weight loss with an anti-inflammatory diet:
Overweight individuals have a great deal of inflammation in their body, making weight loss very slow. By incorporating whole foods, your sugar cravings will diminish and you will start to crave healthy foods! An anti-inflammatory diet is full of macro and micro nutrients to help you feel great and have permanent weight loss. Here is a list of foods that are approved for the anti-inflammatory diet:
- Lean Meats: Chicken, shrimp, wild caught fish, turkey, organic and GMO free soy, and lean grass-fed, organic beef- which is limited to 3 times max per week.
- Oils: Olive oil for dressing and coconut oil for cooking.
- Sweetener: Only Stevia.
- Nuts: Up to two servings per day of brazil nuts, walnuts, pistachios, and almonds.
- Vegetables: At least 12 servings per day, avoiding ones that are high density carbs.
- Greek Yogurt: up to 3 times per week.
- Starches: Limit to 3 times daily with only sprouted gluten-free bread, sprouted brown rice, and Quinoa.
- Fruit- Whole, fresh fruit up to 3 servings daily.
- Coffee: Max 3 cups daily. Unlimited amounts of decaf herbal tea.
- Alcohol:1 glass of gluten free beer or 1 glass of red wine daily.
- Organic and Non-GMO broccoli, chick peas, ginger, and tomato juice to press heavily on the anti-inflammatory weight loss button.
- AVOID: fruit juice, sugar, refined carbs, white potatoes, corn, foods labeled as low fat or low calorie, and any processed meats and processed foods.
Just one week of changing your diet around can increase your overall well-being: better sleep, more energy, improved focus, reduced inflammation, and yes indeed-even weight loss! Go shopping for the list of approved foods above and experience it for yourself!